Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Phobia/Fear Update & Dog Tired

 
"To fear is one thing.  To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another."
- Katherine Paterson
 
"Well, we can't have that, now can we?" -P.
 
(Get ready, here it comes!)
 
 
 
 
My last post described my fear of spiders and my decision to self cure using photography.  Um, I am making some progress.  I can now take shots like this without breaking out in a paranoiac itchy rash or giving into the flight part of the "fight or flight response" or any involuntary screeching.
However, I wouldn't say I'm ready to allow a hairy, creepy crawly of the spidery persuasion climb up my arm...  Truth be told, I am alittle disappointed that it is taking longer to beat this fear than I thought it would. That's partly due to the "professional"s on the internet who claim to completely cure your phobias in one day.  Yeah right. Hypnosis is not for me.  What if you were under the spell and you woke up too early and there were tarantulas placed all over you???

(Throat closing.  Not good.  Must remember the plan.  No imaginary situations.  Some people have tarantulas as pets and they love them.  I have pets too.  It's all good.....Ahhhhhh, yeah. calm.....breathing deeply into the paper bag...)
 
Sorry, a little episode, still working on my issues. See how the ideas can sneak up?  Pretty sneaky. 


EEEEk!

I do believe in curing phobias.  I also believe we can either get professional help or we can do it ourselves.  Expect a much harder time doing it yourself.  As for me, I know it can and will be done.
A work in progress.....


"I will show you fear in a handful of dust." 
-T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land
 
 
And now for something completely different
our recent hike pictures. Whew, thank goodness....


 
That's my puppa, P. The ever enthusiastic nature girl.
 
 
 
Good dog waits for voice command at trailhead.
 
 
 
You can bring this dog to water, and she'll always go in it!   
Back and forth. 
 


 

 
 
And again.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
A bridge in the wilderness and the beauty of forest floor. Happy fern and oregon grape.
 
 
 
 
 
A gnarly blow down?  Exposing sharp woody swords.
 
 

We found a spot to rest by the river.
 
 
A beautiful spot.  Time to head back. R. and P. head for home.
 
 
 
Know how to tell if your dog had a good time?
 
 
 
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
 

1 comment:

My GBGV Life said...

Looks like a totally fun place for hiking, especially with some water to go swimming! I love hiking in the woods! Mom says that WA is beautiful, but I have never been there. Emma :)