Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The color of happiness


My friend and I discussed an ongoing debate. If given a choice, would it be better to experience both happy and sad in life, or just be happy all the time?
I chose to be happy all the time. But, now everyone I ask says it's important to experience both or, "how would you know what being happy is?"
I say, "The question clearly asks about happiness.  But, let's assume you are correct and I couldn't experience true happiness making this choice. I wouldn't think I was missing anything either.  I wouldn't have to process all the issues and deal with all the ups and downs.  Just remain in a state I am familiar with."
For some reason, I can't wrap my head around why I am in the minority in this thinking. Must be missing something.
I think colors and nature are forms of happiness, but maybe not for everyone. If they are, these I share with you.
From the archives of memory card #1, here are some of my seasonal best.

Final hay harvest of fall in Sequim

 mountain wildflowers



View from the trail 

mountain stream

A. Cat in winter's snow

Beloved orange rubber ball and puddles. Ah, happiness.




wildflowers
wildflowers
Sister's sunny lemon tree in SF, CA.

No comments: